TO: Bishop Mark Webb
324 University Ave., 3rd Floor
Syracuse, NY 13210
Date: September 30, 2013
As you prayerfully consider your decision about Pastor Stephen Heiss, please think about how you would answer these questions. My understanding is that all people are created in God's image. I am not aware of any exclusions for sexual orientation.
- Doesn't God love ALL his children?
- Did He say All except my gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans gendered children?
- Shouldn't gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans gendered people be able to take open pride in their unique sexuality?
- Wouldn't this mean all His children are free to love one another as they see fit?
- Shouldn't gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans gendered people be able to attend any church openly?
- Shouldn't gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans gendered people be able marry openly within the church, without hindrance?
When the church law discriminates against God's children, someone needs to stand up and take a public stand against the unfair law. I will be praying for God's guidance upon you as you face this dilemma.